Hearing & visually impaired or mentally challenged passengers
Prior information is required for any passengers with special needs. At the time of booking, information relating to special needs passengers is required. Passengers needing special assistance must request the service at least 48 hours before departure.
Passengers with medical conditions
At PassionAir, we want your journey to be as comfortable as possible. If you have a medical condition or concern, you should always contact your doctor or medical practitioner to confirm your fitness to fly, as well as to fill in our Medical Indemnity form. It is also vital that you notify PassionAir of your condition before completing your booking. Without prior approval from PassionAir, we cannot guarantee that you will be allowed on board. For everyone’s well-being, sometimes we’ll need confirmation that you’re fit to fly with us. We may require a medical certificate if you:
• have had a recent illness, hospitalization, injury or surgery
• have an existing unstable medical condition that needs additional oxygen or use of medical equipment on board
• are travelling for medical reasons or treatment
• are you at a late stage of your pregnancy
If you’re required to travel with a medical certificate, we recommend that you carry it in your hand baggage, as you may need to show it at check-in or to our cabin crew on board your flight.
To avoid spreading illness, if you have a condition that may affect the health and safety of others you may not be permitted to board our flights.
Examples of such conditions include chickenpox, tuberculosis, mumps, rubella, measles or similar. If symptoms of a disease are visible at the time of departure, you must provide a medical certificate which states that your condition is not infectious. We reserve the right to refuse boarding if you can’t produce the necessary documentation.
If you know you’ll need oxygen on board your flight, you must bring your own supply and inform our Contact Centre at least 48 hours before you fly.
We also require you to provide us with a medical certificate to confirm that you’re fit to fly. Please let our check-in staff and cabin crew know if you’re travelling with oxygen. Each cylinder (including valve and regulator) must not exceed 5kg in total. Cylinders, valves and regulators, where fitted, must be protected from damage. We provide oxygen on board in emergency situations only.
Medication and medical equipment
You’re welcome to bring essential medical items with you on your flight at no extra cost.
We strongly recommend that you pack any necessary medication in your hand baggage (along with your prescription, if relevant) and if possible, in its original packaging. Please keep in mind that our cabin crew cannot administer medication or store your medication in a cool place.
PassionAir will request you to provide a medical certificate if:
• you need oxygen during the flight (the medical certificate should also specify the number of litres of oxygen per minute that is required).
• you travel with a Portable Oxygen Concentrator (POC)
• you want to take medical luggage with you (maximum weight: 15 kilograms)
• you are pregnant and there are complications in your pregnancy
• you or your child suffers from a contagious disease (such as chicken pox). The medical certificate should state that the disease is no longer contagious
• you have had a medical operation within 8 days prior to departure
• you have a body part in a closed plaster cast. The medical certificate should state that you are fit to fly with a closed plaster cast. If you do not have this medical certificate, you have to ensure that the plaster cast is sawn through across its entire length, otherwise, you will not be accepted on the flight.
Please note the following:
• A medical statement issued by an (independent) physician should state that you will not suffer any detrimental effects from travelling in a pressurized cabin or that you will need to travel with medical luggage.
• The medical certificate needs to be in English.
• The medical certificate needs the physician’s signature. The certificate may be issued no more than 7 days before the departure of your outbound flight.
N/B: All medical certificates must be submitted in advance for verification by our own doctors. This service will attract an additional cost.
Because travelling in a pressurized cabin could cause some medical conditions to exacerbate, we advise you to ask a physician for a medical statement if you have an ear infection or fever.
Download the medical form here.
For more information please contact us here.