Handling of Pets
Pets and their carriage can only be carried in the hold of the aircraft. The transportation of an animal will only be accepted if it is carried in a leak proof cage not exceeding the measurement of 100×60×75cm (length × width × height) and 25kg.
Pets should always travel accompanied.
Animals in Hold (AVIH) Animals in Hold are transported as checked baggage in the aircraft hold.
The number of live animals accepted on each flight is two (2).
1) We accept domestic animals such as dogs, cats, birds, etc.
2) Other small warm-blooded animals, such as guinea pigs, hamsters, rabbits, etc are also accepted.
Note: Domestic animals of unusual size or wild animals, reptiles and rodents are not be accepted.
How to book a pet
- Pets can be booked at PassionAir offices or by calling the call center 0800221221
- Pets shall be booked up to 48 hours before a flight
- The weight of the pet and the pet carrier is considered as checked baggage and MUST not exceed 25kg. Additional weight attracts extra fees.
Important Notes on Pets
- Pets must be accompanied
- Pets and their carriage are transported as checked baggage in the aircraft hold.
- Leak proof cage not exceeding the measurement of 100×60×75cm (length × width × height).
- Pet must have a pet passport or veterinary certificate.
- Pet fee is 100GHS in addition to any excess charge if the weight of the pet and its carriage exceeds the free allowed baggage per your product class.
- The container must be large enough to permit the animal to stand in a natural position, turn around and lie down
- Only rigid containers with a secure door are acceptable.