All claims are treated strictly in accordance with PassionAir’s “Terms and Conditions of Carriage“ as set out on the PassionAir website and which all passengers agree to at the time of making their booking. There shall be no deviations from these terms and conditions.
Items accepted under “limited liability” are handled at the sole risk of the passenger. The act of handing over such duly identified items of baggage to PassionAir or its agents thereby indemnifies the carrier against any subsequent claim for alleged damage to and/or pilferage from such item or its content.
All baggage irregularities must be reported to a PassionAir agent or representative immediately upon arrival.
We will do our best to carry luggage on the same aircraft as its owner. However, for operational, security and/or safety reasons PassionAir does not guarantee that your luggage will be carried on the same flight. In these cases, PassionAir cannot be liable for the delay of the baggage. Once the bag arrives at its destination, PassionAir shall inform the passenger to pick up the luggage from its airport office. Passengers must present a valid ID and the original baggage tags to pick up the bag(s).
No compensation will be paid for delayed baggage, including any consequential or indirect losses resulting thereof.
PassionAir shall not accept responsibility for damage sustained due to:
- Any protruding items, handles, retractable handles, wheels, zips and locks;
- General wear and tear – normal transport conditions that may result in scratches, marks and dents and other minor damage;
- Improperly or unsuitably packed a bag;
- Loss of external locks pull straps, security straps or zipper tabs;
- Damage to wheels, feet and extending handles;
- Fragile and perishable items;
- Damage due to undeclared substances in your bag;
- Oversize bags;
- Adverse weather conditions;
- Bags accepted under limited liability release; and
- Damage that is not reported immediately upon arrival.
Replacement/Repair for Damaged Bags
Damaged bags will be repaired wherever possible. Should the damage to your bag prove to be to such an extent that it is obvious that the bag cannot be repaired, PassionAir will replace the bag with a similar bag. Please note that the replacement bag may well differ as far as brand name, exact appearance and price is concerned. PassionAir offer or repair or replacement shall be final.
We take utmost care of your bag and its contents. Unfortunately, as operators, we do not control the security in the various airports that we fly to.
As per the “Terms and Conditions of Carriage“, PassionAir will not pay claims for any loss or damages to valuable or fragile articles.
When you notice any pilfering of your luggage:
- Immediately report to our airport representatives along with bag tags and travel documents.
- We shall not accept liability for pilfering that is not reported immediately upon arrival.
- Baggage shall be declared lost only if it cannot be delivered twenty-one (21) days after the day of the flight.
- Claims shall be based on a rate of GHS 50 per kilogram or part thereof.
- Loss of a passenger’s bag shall be reimbursed using the difference between the weight checked in and the weight delivered. In the event that the weight cannot be confirmed, PassionAir shall reimburse the base rate of GHS50.
- PassionAir shall NOT reimburse the value or the content of the bag unless such content and value are declared before the acceptance of the bag.
PassionAir shall not be responsible for items of high value that are checked in, such items are to be carried onboard. If for any reason it is declared and accepted for carriage as checked-in baggage, the passenger will sign a limited liability form.
Lost & Found
Please note that it is your responsibility to take all your belongings when you leave the aircraft and to collect your luggage when it is delivered upon arrival. PassionAir shall not accept responsibility for any items left onboard. However, if you have left an item onboard:
- Please contact our airport representative at your arrival airport.
- Items found on board will be kept by our security department for a maximum of thirty (30) days; thereafter, the item shall be disposed of or donated to charity.
- Left behind or unclaimed perishable items shall be disposed of immediately they are found.