Job Advertisement for Cabin Crew – Ab-Initio
PassionAir is currently seeking highly motivated individuals to take on the role of Cabin Crew. Your role will include ensuring the safety of our guests and providing excellent customer service at all times. We require individuals with a high degree of motivation, enthusiasm and commitment in everything they do.
Cabin Crew Requirements
Before starting your application with PassionAir, you must ensure that you meet all our minimum requirements, and that we can accurately reference a full and detailed 2 year history of you, including all previous employers if you have been in previous employment.
In order to be successful, it is important to present yourself well at every stage of the process.
- 18 years up to 22 years of age.
- Minimum height between 5ft 4in for females, 5ft 6 in and above for males but no taller than 6ft 3in.
- Arm reach of 212cm while standing on tiptoes.
- Weight must be in proportion to your height (Females 55kg – 60kg & Males 65kg - 75kg preferably).
- A right to live and work in Ghana without restriction (preferably Ghanaians).
- Minimum qualification, Senior High School education (SHS) with 5 credits including English language.
- A passport ensuring unrestricted access to all destinations with at least 12 months validity.
- Strong commitment to customer service and recent experience in a face-to-face role is a distinct advantage.
- Demonstrated empathy in service with people from a variety of cultures and countries.
- A willingness to travel, as required, to any destination.
- An excellent level of health and fitness, good eyesight and able to pass a medical examination.
- Able to swim unaided at least 25 to 30 metres fully clothed.
- Must be able to read in English and a demonstrated fluency is a requisite; any other language spoken including French is an advantage. Your language skills would be utilised in assisting our customers with both service and safety information.
- Able to report for flying duties at the Airport within 45 minutes unaided by PassionAir, and be willing to make this journey any day, at any time of the day.
Training program requirements
If you are successful in our recruitment process, you'll undertake a comprehensive training program, covering topics including but not limited to; customer service, aviation medicine, grooming, comportment and deportment, aircraft type training and safety and emergency procedures.
During your training you'll be required to perform the following safety tasks:
- Open aircraft doors;
- Deal with emergencies in a smoke-filled simulator;
- Swim and assist people in the water;
- Descend an escape slide;
- Fight fires while wearing a full face mask;
- Control people in panic situations;
- Move disabled people in evacuations etc.
Submission of Applications:
Applications and CV’s should be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person to the Human Resource Manager, Attention: Cabin Services Manager, at the PassionAir head office located at, 221 Augustus Akiwumi Street, Airport West, Accra. All applicants should ensure that they attach 2 passport pictures and 1 full length picture dressed in formal attire to their application letter. Failure to include any of the above-mentioned requirements would render the application void.
Closing date for acceptance of applications is February 28th, 2019.
NB: The selection process is made up of various stages which include Grooming and Comportment check, Aptitude test, Group Discussions followed by two stages of interviews with management.
The various stages will be grouped and conducted on different days. Please note that each stage will be an elimination round. Selected candidates will be advised about the next stage of selection via e-mail or telephone.
An offer letter is given to successful candidates. You must return the signed offer letter by the date specified if you wish to accept the offer of employment and on condition that you have successfully passed a medical assessment.
Medical Clearance is required for flight crew positions. All selected candidates are required to undergo Pre-employment medicals with an aviation medical examiner. The employment offer is subject to medical fitness of the candidate.
If you have not heard from us within 10 working days of submitting your application by hand or via e-mail, you can consider your application as unsuccessful.